POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN THEOLOGY (PGDip in Theology)
TAKE NOTE: There are no classes for this program.
TAKE NOTE: A student must complete the first part of the programme before he/she can continue with the second.
Students register for six subjects and for a subject in which they intend to specialise in (e.g. Old Testament 742)
- First part (60 credits obtained equally for six disciplines). A general orientation (of at least 400 pages) is offered in six theological disciplines: Old Testament, New Testament, Systematic Theology, Ecclesiology, Missiology and Practical Theology.
- Second part (60 credits that include extensive reading in the area of specialisation as well as a research assignment and oral examinations). The focus of the second part is on a specific theological discipline in which the student wishes to specialise. Students can choose any one of the abovementioned 6 disciplines to specialise in.
The focus of the second part is on a specific theological discipline in which the student wishes to specialise. Students can choose any one of the abovementioned 6 disciplines to specialise in.
- It is a bridging programme between other academic disciplines and Theology.
- It provides a broad overview of a variety of theological disciplines.
- It offers students the opportunity to gain the necessary supplementation for training in Theology for access to further postgraduate study in Theology.
# To register for the June orientation day please follow this link: http://theology.org.za/events/pgdip-orientation-registration
# To download the 2020 PGDip in Theology Booklet, please follow this link: http://theology.org.za/resources
# To login to the SUNLearn section of the PGDip, please follow this link: https://learn.sun.ac.za/course/view.php?id=56788